When you open up a quote from a builder or shop fitout specialist in gold coast and you try to work out what’s in it, there may be an item you stumble over: Preliminaries.
What are they?
And why do they cost you?
Well at the beginning of a fitout project, before you see any progress on site, the builder and fitout team are
required to check and prepare a number of items up front which will apply to your job.
The average person may not realise the number of issues there are to cover in the preliminary phase of a
project, but on every site there are plenty, and they ensure a safe, efficient and accessible work environment.
Firstly, the following must be checked and/or put in place:
- Building Approvals
- Plumbing Approvals
- Workplace, Health and Safety Conditions
Then there are also site set-up items that are required to be prepared before works can safely and legally
- Specialist machinery hire
- Power Supply for use during the project
- Construction of site signs showing workplace conditions
- Establishment of site storage facilities & WC
- Establishment of a site office on larger sites
- Parking bay allocation
- An accessible delivery point
- Rubbish removal processes and access
- Liaison with Building Management
- Checking and ordering of materials
And for the above to be put into action, associated labour and supervision factors come into play:
- Site Supervision costs
- General Site Labour costs
So the work involved to carry out all “Preliminaries” within a fitout is a lot more than might first be realised.
If you have any questions about your own project’s site preliminaries, please feel free to have a chat to our
fitout team and we can run through the full list of preliminaries required for your project.